Since 1996, Country Prime Meats Ltd. has specialized in producing top-quality Canadian Meat Snacks. These products have reached international acclaim by winning several Gold Medals at food competitions in Europe. Country Prime Meats is a division of Premium Brands, located in Lac La Hache, British Columbia, that mainly specializes in Co-packing (Private Label) opportunities, and produces an in-house brand under Country Prime Meats.
To oversee the accounting functions of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and banking. This position will be directly responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating all accounting operational functions of Country Prime Meats LTD. You will also represent the accounting department in the mentorship and future growth of all accounting-related functions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the accounting functions of financial accounting, accounts payable, and banking.
- Directly responsible for planning/directing/coordinating all accounting functions.
- Mentorship and future growth of all accounting-related functions.
- Financial Statement Reporting – analysis rather than performing the function of generating financial statements/Quarterly financial reporting.
- General ledger oversight including monthly balance sheet reconciliations – review and ensuring that all general ledger accounts are reconciled on a regular basis and items followed up. Management of accruals and ensuring timely adjustments.
- Standard Cost Evaluation/Maintenance – generating standard costs for our business, understanding increases/decreases in the costing, understanding impacts on our business in terms of Margin and EBITDA. Communicating standards to sales divisions in a timely manner.
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes.
- Managing the budget process.
- Developing, monitoring, and communicating business performance metrics.
- Contract negotiations/legal proceedings as required.
- Intercompany transactions and dealings with related companies.
- RFC for capital exp – need to ensure any capital spend is in line with PB policy and generates an IRR of 15%.
- Driving Innovation/ESG initiatives.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Being the leader for the business, building office morale, cohesiveness amongst the departments.
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff
- Providing excellent customer service within and externally.
- CPA Designation
- 10 + Years of professional experience at a management level
- Controllers must have solid communication, technology, analytical, and management skills.
- Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS Standards.