Country Prime Meats was founded in 1996 with the goal of producing superior quality Canadian Meat Snacks. Since then our products have received international acclaim by winning several gold medals at food competitions across Europe. In 2018, our organization was acquired by Premium Brands Holding Corporation and is now part of Premium Brand’s “Direct Plus Food Group”. Premium Brands is an investment platform focused on acquiring and building food-focused businesses in partnership with talented entrepreneurial management teams.
At Country Prime Meats we know that our success is thanks to the hard-working people who make up our team. We’re proud of the happy and healthy work environment we’ve provided for our employees to thrive within. We know that our culture is the reason that our team are so passionate about providing Canadians with a consistent and high-quality product to enjoy.
Maintain daily duties within the production department and ensure a food-safe work environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
- Set up of mixer, flaker, vat dumper, emulsifier
- Set up of buggy’s
- Rinse machine down at end of the day/ take the garbage out throughout the day
- Work a station on the line
- Fill out paperwork, what is on the tables, recording of time study’s
- Recording of waste throughout the day
- Prepping the skins for each table
- Oversee product that comes out of the mixer, pep meat buggy’s out of the mixer
- Organization of empty buggy’s and tables
- Ensure scales are setup and accurate
- Maintain a food-safe production environment while on shift ensuring all GMP’s are met
- Ability to work with numerous departments and communicate effectively among them
- Ensure continuous running of machines throughout shift
- Additional assignments as directed
- Ensure that lines are set up with proper equipment and ready to go at startup
- All government regulations and customer specifications are met
- Communicate with Manager, Supervisor, and others to make sure product is
- HACCP experience required. SQF, BRC, experience a plus
- Able to lift 60lbs consistently
- Able to work in refrigerated temperatures
- Good computer skills, planning, and other relevant technology. Strong communicator in English both written and verbal.